Friday, June 8, 2012
Arabic dish : MANDI : Arabian Biryani
" Mandi "
Or biryani as everyone calls it
can be done with chicken or Meat
- 3 cups of rice (i use basmati rice)
- 1 kg mutton
- 4 sliced onions
- 1 green pepper
- 4 table spoon oil
- 3 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 6 cardomom seeds and cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/teaspoon black pepper seeds
- 1 tablspoon salt
- cut the meat and wash it
- boil the meat in a pan and once the foam is removed from surface, add cardomom, black peper seeds, cumin, cloves and salt. leave over heat until meat is nearly cooked.
- remove meat from pan and use same water to boil rice, then drain it
- heat oil and butter in a frying pan, fry the onions then sweet pepper and meat. season with 1 teaspoon of salt and cardomom powder
- place onion mixture in bottom of pan and pour rice over
- burn coal and place in a cup. put cup inside the pan and cover. place in oven for 20-30 minutes on 150 degrees.